Active members write here (IF ACTIVE WRITE HERE, OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED!!!)

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM

This is the plan. 

Ilovethismusic project is in the phase of restructuring so ideas are welcomed. All active members write your idea here lets make a discussion, as to how to rebuild the website. 

Mine ideas: 

1. The website used an mp3 scanner that searched for mp3s all over the internet (this can be done with licencing songs) 

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Hi ta4ka,

How do the youtube videos come into play?  I saw in the documentation that it makes a request to retrieve them as well?

Thanks,

-Matt

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Hello Matt, 

When it parses the mp3 files it goes over the youtube api also, and searches on that keyword the video about the song. After that it uses an javascript youtube continues player which plays the songs. The good thing with that was that you could go to a specific artist lets say: pendulum, and get a continuous playlist about pendulum (this was before youtube had playlists). 

I can help you set up the project, and this goes for everybody else, add me on skype: ta4kazzz  and we can talk more freely. 

Cheers

Ta4ka

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Sounds good Ta4ka.

I should be able to invest some time this weekend so I will make sure the project is setup.  I'll see about installing Skype as I have never created an account on it before.

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Edited Jul 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Great, 

You can also write here when you get stuck. The project is easy to setup, only dlls will be missing, wich I can give you, the database is a little more tricky but I think I can run my old dev sql server db. So you could run the website against that. 

About the idea, in short I always wanted to create a music player that requires minimum user input and yet always plays interesting music (not popular, but something good). So you will see the website is 70% there, the biggest problem is that I had invalid mp3 links, so skiping of songs and other stuff, like slow sql queries, witch made the site stuck. If we can find a solution to those problems, it will be a very useful site, witch if nobody else I would definitively use to listen to music. 

Beside the main search box where you can enter any keyword and get songs, the site also had experimental music algorithms, like weather music, finds you current location weather and plays music according to that. So lets say you are in Dominican Republic and the weather is hot it would play some summer hits. Or if you are in mountains and its raining something slower and more rainy :). The possibilites are big. But first we have to fix the mp3 problem or find a way to license it, please take a look at the echonest api also. I plan on using that a lot they have almost everything we need. 

But for now just set the site up, write here or on skype if you run into problems. 

Cheers mate

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Ok, sounds good.  I like the idea of the weather algorithms as I know that could catch on.  I'll take a look at the API and see how its calls are presented.

Thanks for the info.

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Hi ta4ka,

You mentioned dlls that were missing.  Would it be possible to email me with the required ones?  mattvyse8@gmail.com

Thanks again.

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I send them to your email. 

Jul 21, 2012 at 2:43 PM

ahem!!!!

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2012 at 7:56 PM

My estimate for reactivating this project is from 1 August, If you are interested in working on parts of it, just write how many hours per week you are available. 

P.S. I am busy also so this project will go in very slow tempo, for start I think I will give 5 hours per week starting from august. 

That's it, have a great summer everybody.

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Looks good ta4ka.  I will also give 5 hours per week starting from August.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jul 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Ok lets try things slowly, anybody that plans on working on this project let me help you get setup, get the code first, and after that I will send you the dlls and tell me if you build an run the project successfully. Lets do this this week, after that we can discuss how to build it and make it better. 

The main goal of the website is to give easy and fast way to listen to music. Something You would use to listen to music. 

This is my idea, and it is 90 % already setup: 

INTERFACE: One search box, and play button.

USER ACTIVITY:

1. User enters keyword (can be song name, lyric, artist, random word)

2. The website creates a dynamic short playlist, of 10 songs. 

3. User gives input, can be facebook like on a song from the 10 he liked (this would require every song to have its own page, wich is already done).

4. On that input and keyword, the website engine generates another 10 songs. 

This for start should be enough, tell me your thoughts on this. 

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Add integration for iTunes with iTunesLib and google weather api.

Mar 4, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Would you please send me the missing DLLS - Thank you very much (aserfes@optonline.net)
Apr 5, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Edited Apr 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Music search engine - Mood Music
This is really great!
New ways to listen to music, mood music, weather music, keyword searched music. Ilovethismusic.com lets you listen & download music based on your mood, weather or any type of expression.
Apr 5, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Would you be willing to share your Third Party DLLs? Especially 'CustomActionResultWeb' .. I'd also be interested in what you plans are with this project going forward, it has some serious potential in the Music Industry. -Anthony Serfes
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM
All the needed dlls are free you just need to find them not web. Right now the project is on hold because I am engaged in other projects, hopefully I can restart it sometime in the future but I could sure use some help....
Apr 7, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Well I have all the dlls except 'CustomActionResultWeb' and the Database itself, so I haven't yet successfully setup the project.
Jul 11, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Can you send me the Database I am missing all the Store Procedures ...

my Email is StanleyMizer@Hotmail.com cc also Smwangi@Courion.com